Friday, July 2, 2010

Lisensya para maka drive

Dear Inday,

Driver jud ang profession natin diri in Manila and it is very important that I have my driver’s license renewed. I know the line in LTO will be long that is, that is why I decided to go there early. It was around 7 am when I arrived in LTO, the transaction windows were still closed but there was already a line for those applying for a driver’s license. It took me a total of 3 hours to have my license renewed, and because I was late in renewing my license I had a penalty fee of Php 75.00

Waiting for my turn to pay in the cashier

For your reference when you decide to get a license

After getting my new license, I reported to work, stayed in the office for about an hour or two then rushed to Quezon City for a meeting. Driver lang ta so I just drove to go to the meeting. ;p The customer that I went to was along Banawe Street in Quezon City. This is the street famous with car enthusiasts because they get best bargains here for car accessories and other auto parts. When you say “Banawe” it is immediately associated with cars that is why there is a car accessory shop in Davao named Banawe (just forgot what street it is in, but I have an idea where it is) Used to go here a lot when I was in high school when I was “pimping” my old trusted Lancer. I miss that car. Banawe street is very close to my heart. Aside from cheap car accessories, the reason why it is very dear to me is because the hospital (Children’s Medical) where I was born is along Banawe street.

Banawe pimpin

One place that I always make sure to visit when I am in the area is Ma Mon Luk, a Chinese restaurant famous for its Original Mami and Special Siopao. Ma Mon Luk siopao is my favorite. Ma Mon Luk has been operational since 1920 and after several decades, it is still operational and doing strong in business. The proper way of eating the Original Mami is by putting the siopao sauce in your Mami. The small serving of the Original Mami costs Php 85.00 while the Special Siopao is at Php 55.00.

The place is still old school, even some of the servers

Ma Mon Luk specialties (see the siopao sauce on the mami?)

If you like siopao and mami, I’ll make sure to bring you here after makababa ka ng barko from Mindano. Sige Inday, matulog na ako at maaga pa jud ako magmaneho tom.

Ayo! Ayo!

No comments: