Wednesday, July 14, 2010

OMG! Ohh! Ohh! Ohh!

Inday,

Drove to Manila last Thursday and would just like to share how the almost down-town Manila looks like (because there is a more down-town). The photo below was taken along Aurora Avenue, approaching the intersection leading to the crib of President Noy-Noy. You would see two different worlds; on the right are the old houses reflective of the old Manila and on the left is the LRT line 2 which shows the progress we are currently undertaking. From the four train lines here in Manila, line 2 for me is the most non-3rd world. I’ll try to ride this again and take photos so you’ll know why.

Old and the new

I enjoy eating in food courts because it lets me travel the Philippines through the different flavors I can find in a food court plus it is cheap. I can decide to go to Davao and be in Ilocos in a few steps. Last Thursday, I was supposed to go to the gym but was not able to because I brought jeans instead of shorts. Brilliant! Since I was already there, I decided to have dinner instead. I felt going to Ilocos and be adventurous and so I did. ;p

Melting pot of Filipino flavors

When I hear Ilocos the food that immediately comes to my mind is Papaitan, it’s the insides of a goat cooked in the juice of the grass the goat has digested. I already know how it tastes like and would like to try something new. The lady suggested that I try the Sinanglaw, which is cow insides cooked in a special broth. What is in the broth? I do not know. I’ll see if I have an Ilocano friend from whom I can ask. For my dessert, I had an Ilocos Empanada.

Sinanglaw and Empanada

It was the eve of Usher’s concert and was curious on why the stage has not yet been put up in the SM concert grounds. There were several explanations I was thinking of. One was that the stage contractor has been very efficient with its work that it can finish the stage in one day. Another was that SM want’s to maximize the sales it can generate from parking fees on the SM Concert ground. Neither was correct because the concert ground used was the open space behind the SMX Convention Center and not on where I was standing. Another smart moment for Dodong.

“SM Concert Grounds”

Was browsing through some of the photos I took and found two photos that I wanted to share one is of a child in the new NAIA terminal 2 and another is of a fire truck that is “Out of Service”.

Hello

I was waiting for my relatives to check-in for their flight going back to Davao when I saw this kid who’s lining up with her mother. Wala lang, ang cute lang niya maglaro. ;p

Out of Service

The photo of the fire truck was taken in Pritil, Manila a highly populated area of illegal dwellers that is highly prone to fire. I find the irony here both funny and dangerous. It’s funny because of the big sign that says the truck is “Out of Service”. Dangerous because the truck would not be able to respond in case there would be a fire. Dahil dikit-dikit ang mga bahay dito, a small fire can be like a bush fire that can spread very quickly.

Ayo! Ayo!

No comments: