Monday, July 19, 2010

I am barbaric!

Inday,

In movies, you always see barbarians having big meals, whole roasted pork on the table, big whole piece of turkey or chicken that they eat with their hands. This sort of happened to me last week when I had a whole chicken just to myself. Yes, 1 whole chicken all for Dodong.

Chicken all you can

When I was still a young little boy, I remember of always going to Max’s for lunch or dinner and would always have the Chicken Dinner platter with rolls instead of rice. We would always go to Max’s when my parents want to eat outside kaya I had a phase wherein nagsawa ako with this fried chicken place. But this is gone now, what I have at the moment is a strong craving for this juicy and tasty “sarap to the bones” chicken. It is very timely that in celebration of its 65th year of frying chicken Max’s Friend Chicken has a “Chicken All-You-Can” promo for only Php 165.00. When I saw the billboard of this promo, I said to myself that I have to try it to satisfy my craving; I had my chance last week.

"Chicken arena"

The Chicken All-You-Can promo is from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. I arrived in Max's a little before 9:30 p.m. so I only had 30 minutes to eat as many chicken as i can. Did you know that Max's Fried Chicken was named after Maximo Gimenez, a Stanford-educated teacher, and that the special chicken recipe we all enjoy now was created by his niece Ruby? Now you do.

1st round

Chicken are served ¼ piece at a time, the waiters would offer another piece once you finish the first one. My rice and chicken was served, but before I can start, I had to prepare the perennial perfect match for Max’s fried chicken, Jufran Banana Ketchup with Worcestershire sauce (Mother's Best Hot Sauce is optional). With the special sauce ready, I started to eat.

1 whole

I finished a whole chicken. I thought it would be easy but it was not. Despite the struggle, the challenge of eating a whole chicken was very satisfying and filling. How I wish that Inday was able to join me in this barbaric-like meal, maybe soon.

Anyway, Ayo! Ayo! Muna for now.

No comments: