Friday, July 16, 2010

Lola Basyang: Hindi ka na estudyante iho!

Magandang umaga Inday!

Metro Manila did not expect for Basyang to hit the metropolis. Worse, residents did not expect for it to be that strong; all I believe were unprepared. Past forecasts were far from accurate; PAGASA declares a signal no. 3 over Metro Manila but neither winds nor rain were experienced. There was also a time when it was sunny all day contrary to the declared signal no. 2. These I assume were some of the reasons why people took Basyang lightly.

Gloomy Tuesday afternoon (deadma lang ang mga tao sa threat ni Basyang)

When the winds started to pick up, I was in my room busy surfing the net. I can hear the winds starting to howl. I was neglecting all these until electricity was cut-off. It was only then that I realized that Basyang is not a weakling Lola. Sleeping was a struggle because of the strong noise; Basyang blowing hard over Metro Manila is creating. But most importantly I was concerned that something may hit Simone because she was parked outside of the house, completely vulnerable to the wrath of Basyang.

Morning came and the first thing I did was to check on Simone. I was very glad that nothing happened to her. What surprised me however was the effect Basyang had on our small village, mostly uprooted trees and fallen branches of old trees. Sayang.

Doggie roof

A poor dog lost the roof of its house. Kawawa naman siya kasi I am sure the dog was cold and wet on Tuesday night. Also, I hope this roof did not hit someone or something when it was flying its way to our lawn.

Basyang even reached Bicol

More branches

Wednesday morning made me and my sister realize we are no longer students and how student life is in a way better than work. If we were still students then we would have stayed home or go to the mall on Wednesday since classes were suspended. Unfortunately, graduate na ta so kailangan ng kumayod. No instant vacation for you Dodong.

Dreaming to be rich moment

Another beer match

Imagine an infinity pool 55 stories above ground? What a perfect match with a cold beer! This infinity pool is on the top of the recently opened Marina Bay Sands Hotel in Singapore. I definitely would have to go to this place! Save up Dodong!

Ayo! Ayo!

No comments: