Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The voice can be deceiving

Inday,

Guess what, Dodong got promoted. He’s not just a driving anymore, he is now a collector as well. Great isn’t it? ;p Well it is 8:07 p.m. now and I am still at the office. Was already planning to leave but our boss instructed us to stay, not clarifying why, just stay.

Yesterday morning, I was at the Maynilad Water office for a defensive driving seminar our company conducted for Maynilad. It was a struggle talking to people because I had a headache. I think it was due to lack of sleep because I only had a few hours sleep the night before. My headache was distracting me the whole day but I had a moment of relief during lunch when I saw something that reminded me of a friend in the southern part of the Philippines. What’s interesting is that this friend of mine has her way of reminding me of her, but I sense that she is unaware of this. So we had lunch at The Old Spaghetti House along Katipunan Road in Quezon City, I asked for the menu and when I opened it this is what I saw…

Much for Lunch
Much for Lunch

This gave me a slight relief of my headache. I wonder how this friend of mine is doing. I hope that she is eating well since she made her presence felt to me over lunch.

Last Saturday, I was invited by my colleagues from my previous employer to go in a comedy bar. We went to Zirkoh, a comedy bar owned by TV personality Allan K. I was hesitant at first because I was trying to recover the expenses I made for my Kadayawan Festival trip last August. Since my friends assured me it will be fun, I just neglected the Php 500.00 entrance (non-consumable) and Php 85.00/bottle red horse. Ang cheap no? But they were correct, I had a great time. There were performers who you would think they were female if you would just listen to their voices. Legit ang boses.

Opening act at Zirkoh
Zirkoh

Pambansang Ilong
AllanK

Regine Smith (boses Regine Velasquez, mukhang Pepe Smith)
Regine Smith

Congressman Poohkyaw made an unexpected appearance. Ang galing din niya. What I find impressive with stand-up comedians is how fast they can come up with punch lines.
PoohK

But the main highlight of the night for me and my male colleagues was Rufa Mae Quinto. She is jaw dropping. I was speechless… until now. ;p I feel I am drowning when I am staring, probably ogling, at her.
RMQ

At the end of the night, we spent more than Php 1,000.00 for 12 bottles of beer and a serving of onion rings. Whew. Would I go back? If Rufa Mae will be there I would definitely go back. Haha. ;p

Ayo! Ayo!

No comments: